Friday, May 13, 2011

Aaron Curtis

[ Q ] How long have you been training and what got you started?

Started training in 1998, so 13 years. Got given a set of dumbbells by a family friend and just started doing some body weight exercises and some things with the dumbbells a couple nights a week before I went to bed. Since then, just been getting more and more serious about my training as time has progressed.

[ Q ] Can you tell us a little bit about your contest history, how many contests have you been in and placed?

Competed for the first time in 2008. Won the novice division at states in the ANB and INBA and won the novice division at nationals in the INBA that season also. Competed again last year (2010) and won the intermediate division at states in the ANB and INBA and the overall title in the ANB. At nationals I won the intermediate division in the INBA and came 2nd in the overall, won the U90kg class in the ANB and the overall national title also.


[ Q ] Describe your training philosophy?

Train to failure. Lower volume. Maximal range of motion. No momentum.


[ Q ] In your view, what is the value of aerobic exercise?

How much emphasis do you place on aerobic training off-season and pre-contest? It helps to be fit cardiovascular wise, as you have the ability to recover faster between sets and are just a more healthy being. That being said, I hardly do any cardio in the offseason. =P


[ Q ] So what's a typical day like for you?

Eat, work, train, sleep. What else is there?

[ Q ] Does bodybuilding affect your social life?

Nope. I just take meals with me if I'm going out or find somewhere to eat out if its time for a meal.


[ Q ] Do you get a lot of people asking if you take steroids?
Hah, yes.
[ Q ] Does that bother you or do you consider it a compliment?

The question doesn't bother me and even when people whom I don't know personally don't believe me, it doesn't bother me, but when you have people I would call a friend, who honestly won't believe I have been natural my whole life, it makes me feel as if they think I am a lire and a cheat and that does bother me.

[ Q ] Do you take any supplements to help further your health and success throughout the year?

Whey, creatine, dextrose, BCAA.

[ Q ] Where do you see yourself in five years?

I see myself up on stage about 5kgs heavier than what I am now. =]
[ Q ] Well all the best Aaron. As always it was a pleasure talking to you. Is there anyone in particular you would like to thank for supporting you throughout the process?
No problem. I would like Ultimate Performance Supplements UPS for their continued support, my girlfriend and my mother and father.

No comments:

Post a Comment