Saturday, January 29, 2011

Protein Bars

Nutrition and bars are expected to hit $982 million in 2011 predicts the Chicago market research firm Mintel in the publication "Functional Ingredients." Protein bars make up a substantial subsection of this market. These bars can seem like candy fortified with extra vitamins and protein, and with America already suffering from an obesity crisis, it is hard to believe we need substantial supplementation

Why do we consume protein bar ?

Firstly it is not a must to consume a protein/energy bar but it would be convenient for the athlete to carry it around. Instead of snacking on candy it is better to get a healthier nutritional snack, AGREE !!
We spend half of our day working or studying and in that period of time some of us just can't get the right nutrition in their diet.

How to consume ?

Easy, at the back of the packet it has stated the direction on how to consume it. Why I mention this because energy bar should be consume before physical training. Protein bar/ snack back are usually consume in between meal. There is some meal replacement bar in the market where by is can be consume as a meal replacement or post training.

How about taste/ value/ brand ?

I will update frequently about bars that I consume. I believe this would be convenient for the readers out there to find the most suitable for you. As for me, I have spent a sum of money just to find which would be suitable for me. If you have anything in mind or wish to try but just to lazy to experiment it, do leave comments about the product that you want me to share with. I try it and post it. "Your interest is my business"

The List

No comments:

Post a Comment